Monday, March 7, 2016

New Food Journey

I have decided to take the Whole 30 plunge.

I am rebooting our eating.

I need this to crash course to push us into a healthier eating life.  Food is not the enemy, but our relationship with it might be unhealthy.  I know it is.  If I can't do a project without the reward of a pop and candy bar, then my relationship with food is likely not healthy. 

The idea when the 30 days is up, is that we will morph it into a "WHOLE FOOD" lifestyle, meaning less processed foods.  I am not saying we will never eat processed foods because hey, we like going out to eat, and we like having occasional treats, but 90% of what we eat needs to be recognizable and pronounceable food.

What is the Whole 30?  I am still learning but you can find out the basics at this web link, Whole 30

I hope you enjoy the next 30 days as I share my thoughts, concerns, temptations, dilemmas, and the end result ....  in the course I will find that I have accomplished something I said was hard, even impossible.  Yeah, its going to be hard, but its going to be a great sense of accomplishment as well.

We got this!


3 comments:

  1. Good for you Kim! I don't follow some program. However, I do eat organically and naturally as possible creating from scratch health meals. I look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! It's a change but we need a healthy change for us! Blessings!

      Delete
  2. I'll be following you since I am reading the book and will start Whole30 April 1st, if not before then. Our health is so important! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!